Dog House Rules
- All new clients must attend a “ Meet & Greet” prior to daycare or overnight stays.
- Your pup should be spayed or neutered by 6 months
- Clients who have been away for 2 months or more will require a re-evaluation.
Pets must be fully vaccinated against Rabies, Canine Flu, Distemper and Bordetella.
Hours of Operation
- Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Saturday -Sunday 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Late pick up is available until 10:00 pm ( Fees apply).
Arrival and Departure (Overnight Stays)
Arrival: check-out time is 12:00 pm. If you stay after 12:00 pm, you will automatically incur another night’s charge. If you are charged for check out after 12:00 pm, you have until 10:00 pm or by 12:00 pm the following day.
Departure: check-out time is 12:00 pm. If you stay after 12:00 pm, you will automatically incur another night’s charge. If you are charged for check out after 12:00 pm, you have until 10:00 pm or by 12:00 pm the following day.
Arrival and Departure (Daycare)
Arrival: Clients may drop off anytime after 7:00 am until 1:00 pm. We ask that all daycare dogs arrive before 1:00 pm. The reason is because most of the dogs come in early, and if your pup arrives after 1:00 pm there may not be as many energetic pups to play with.
Departure: Our daycare hours are from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm. You may pick up your dog after 7:00 pm but you will be charged an additional $15 per hour.
Client Registration / Client Portal
Cancellations and Deposits
- We accept overnight reservations with a 50% deposit. You must cancel 5 days prior to your arrival date to receive a full refund.
- During holidays and peak seasonal times, we require a 50% deposit and you must cancel 14 days prior to your arrival date for a full refund.
- If you pick up before your reserved departure date it will not be refunded.
Daycare Package Expiration Date
We offer daycare packages at a discounted rate. All full and half-day packages expire in three months and all hourly daycare packages expire in six months.
If your dog is sick or having surgery we can put your package on hold for 30 days but we must be notified in writing.
- Please do not bring your dog if they have any of these symptoms:
- Coughing, sneezing, warts, skin rash, open wounds, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Clients, who have visited a veterinarian and have proof that a dog’s condition is not contagious, will be considered. We reserve the right to determine if it will present an additional risk to your dog’s health or others’.
- In the event that something develops while in our care we will contact you. If your dog is here for daycare, we may ask that you take them home.
- If your dog is staying overnight, we will contact you and decide together what the best course of action is.
- In the event of an emergency, we will take your dog to Friendship Hospital for Animals and contact you while we are there.
We recommend that you bring the same food your dog eats at home. If you add special treats or if your pup likes the food served warm with a little of this or that, just let us know! We want your pup to feel happy and full. If you forget your food, no problem! Our house food is Science Diet, which is easy to digest and chicken based. We also have a variety of healthy snacks. Please let us know if your dog has any allergies or food sensitivities.
We are very experienced at giving all forms of medication. Please provide a detailed schedule in writing, specifying dosage, timing and the name of the medication. Please let us know how your dog is medicated at home and if he or she needs special dosing treatment.
Meet & Greet
Before placing a dog with us, our trainers assess their size, age, personality, play style, and pet parent preferences. While your pup is spending time with us, we will monitor signs of hunger, fatigue, changes in behavior to make sure everyone plays nice and is enjoying the time spent at Happy Paws. We will also let you know if there are any issues you may want to address.